Friday, April 4, 2008

So, what's news?

Hey there folks!

I was posting on my travel-blog, when I started thinking. I just typed "Well, there's nothing new...", when I thought, "So, nothing new uh? What IS new, and what is NEWS?"

That was just the beginning of my thoughts on the roll: "Something must be news when it is new! But what is new? Do you place anything new in the news? Off course not! It must also be interesting! It must be relevant for a person to be news, you know what I mean? When there's a new kind of fishing rod... WHO CARES! But wait, there might be fisherman who think it's interesting!..."

Anyway, how does news change you? Is it so that TV has a lot of impact, and you take over opinions, because you are afraid to just be the ugly duck in the mass? If you watch a lot of TV, do you get influenced more than others? Do you start looking wrong at reality when you watch a lot of soaps?
Or maybe, news doesn't have any influence at all, if you're not interested! You get more worked up over something that you're interested in, right?
If that would be the case, than TV DOES have a way to change you and your opinion: if they show you A LOT of something you're not interested in, and show ALMOST NOTHING you are VERY interested in, don't you start having a change of heart? I guess you'd get attracted to the news you see a lot, 'cause you get to know more, and you suddenly are eager for more!
Waaah! They are brainwashing you!!!

Now we are talking about brainwashing... isn't it possible for those newspeople to MAKE YOUR opinion? I mean, if they showed someone just one side of the story...
For example, the new movie "Fitna", from Geert Wilders of the Dutch parlement. It shows all of the bad things that muslims have done. September 11, the undergrounds of Madrid, metro of London... If you see just one side of the story, that's just a mediaframe... I told you, they are brainwashing you!

Also, do you make your own opinions, or do you just follow someone else's ones? You have leaders and followers...

Bwaah, just to get back on that mediaframe. I guess it's just like "The Epic Battle between Good and Evil, only it becomes more something like "The Epic Battle between Good and just a little Less Good"

But that's something to think about another time! Gotta go!
Boop, questioning things sure consumes time! Any question I try to answer, automatically lets me plonder about dozens more! Waah!

Boop, there I go again...

See you next time!
Bubbayz!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Geert Wilders has made his point, proving once more the absurdity of the Muslim religion. Once again thousands of "geitenneukers" and "feestjurken" have gone out to protest, ofcourse not without expressing lots and lots of violence. The responses so far proof Wilders' point. 2-0 for Wilders, no points awarded to any Muslim country yet.